I received a shipment of belongings from Japan on the weekend which included this great photo from Ohtsuchi Festival in Sep. 1992 of me carrying the shrine in the sea. Up until this year the festival Omikoshi ‘parade’ finished by carrying the shrine into the sea within the fishing harbor in order to give thanks to the Kami of the sea.
- Not forgetting the omiyage (souvenirs) 1 month ago
- Great to catch up with old friends - Sano-san, Suenaga-san, Konno-san 1 month ago
- Jodogahama Beach, Miyako - along with two bus loads of tourists.. but good to see business is coming back. 1 month ago
- I always loved this shrine in Funakoshi (between Otsuchi & Yamada). Great to see it has been completely rebuilt. 1 month ago
- Otsuchi Station and JR Yamada Line - planned completion/reopening in 2019 1 month ago